Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Day The Night Found Me Dancing With Myself-Yeah, it's Poetry!

One day the sun ceased shining on my path,
And it seemed my spirit was being punished by God’s wrath.
The few clouds in my life gathered to commence mighty storms.
I looked across the horizon and only saw thorns.
The lightning flashed across the sky.
and a raindrop fell in my eye.
For a moment I breathed the air fresh and pure.
Thinking of you then, was my only cure.
The rain began to descend
Beating a rhythm that had no end.
Tried to walk;
But it was meant that I should crawl.
My dreams had crumbled to the floor.
Surely God’s walked out and locked the door.
Is it an obstacle or a test, placed so that I would take a new direction?
If this be the case, I wish God used a bit more discretion!
For I am only mortal, and by his measures, my time is brief,
for him to hurl me into this confusion from which I find no relief.
This night found me dancing with myself;
Another soul cast on the shelf.
It was then that I reached in;
Into my heart, into my spirit, I had to begin;
To stand up, to forsake the rain.
Bringing up the courage, I looked through the pain.
And I witnessed as God and the fallen angel played until dawn.
Using my life as their pawn.
In one of their moves I had been cast into hell.
Didn’t God care where I fell?!
I felt a hand gently hold my arm and the Son took me aside,
As I tried to break loose, run and hide.
In an inner thought he explained to me: In the fire the hammer is molded, the steel is tempered.
It is thus that in adversity, that the spirit is strengthened or torn and rendered.
This if we do not overcome these growing pains;
We’ll go through life shallow of spirit, short of material gains.
We are in a way players in their game, allowed to participate.
Not in the moves, but in experiencing the outcome of fate.
For life is to them, a game in which we are to become angles or sinners.
And for the same, it is up to us to decide whether we are
Losers or Winners.

Luis A. Bouzon July 4-6, 1985.

No comments:

Post a Comment